You can apply either online or in person:
You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:
- are a resident of Great Britain
- can meet the minimum age requirement (17 years of age)
- can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
- can pay £20.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Electron or Delta debit or credit card
- have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
Please have the following to hand:
- a valid debit or credit card
- your UK passport if you have one
- details of previous addresses
DVLA will aim to send your driving licence within two weeks of you submitting your application.
Apply in person or by post
You can apply for your provisional driving licence by completing the D1 application form that is available from the DVLA form ordering service (see link below) or Post Office® branches.
You will also need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity, a passport style colour photograph and the fee of £50.00.
Send your completed application and payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD or you may be able to use the premium checking service (see link below).
Contact details: Paul 07710-871742 / email@example.com / @drivemanchester